You can never go wrong with Apple Pie


There's just something about fall and apple pie,
they just go hand and hand
I always welcome fall with a yummy apple pie

I decided no lattice today

Classic Apple Pie

INGREDIENTS

1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
1/2 cup unsalted butter (I use 1/4 cup if I'm watching my figure ;)
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons of water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 dash of nutmeg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
8 apples - peeled, cored and sliced
(I like fresh ones from my tree best)

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste.
Add water, white sugar and brown sugar,cinnamon, nutmeg and bring to a boil.
Reduce temperature add vanilla and let simmer.

2. Place the bottom crust in your pan. Mix apples with all but 1/4 cup of sugar mixture, mounded slightly.
Cover with a lattice work of crust.

3. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
During the last 15 minutes of baking gently brush the sugar and butter mixture over the crust and return to oven

Comments

Popular Posts